Thursday, May 22, 2008

The End.


OK, this is it.
I give up, you win Zooomr.

It's obvious at this point that nothing is going to change. Things won't be fixed, they will just be covered up with other new features, tweaks, and toys. The errors will still be here (see above) with no explanation, cause, or cure. I asked about the error and was told it might be on my end, a timeout, as Kristopher couldn't duplicate it. I've asked about the issues with OpenID, apparently they have issues, but only with Zooomr. I asked about some Twitter issues with linking etc, I was told it was Twitters fault in how they handled URLS. I even asked about the issues with jUploader, that's apparently jUploaders fault in how they are dealing with the API. Don't get me started about the Friendfeed issues, just know it's Friendfeed's fault that it doesn't work properly.

It's great to see the new mobile features are working though...at least someone will still be happy. Maybe I should consider going strictly mobile, as everything seems to be working for them? Nah...


So Zooomr, I think it's time for me to finally give up. I'm almost about done deleting the rest of my files (which is another issue all together from what I've heard) and I have just about finished hooking up with all of my contacts over on Flickr (the Vimeo Rip-off) and iPernity (destroyer of photos). Once done, I'm planning on a "no looking back" step away from here. I think I need to follow the lead of so many others and just walk away, never to return, and get on with it. All the hooting and hollering in the world isn't going to make a difference. Zooomr (read: Kristopher) obviously knows better than everyone else and is unwilling to listen. It's been a problem for a very long time, it's just too bad I didn't see it sooner.

Life lesson #212 learned...next!

No comments: